Year of establishment : 1901
Location : Ground Floor, Banikanta Kakati Bhawan
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of History , Cotton College, synchronizes its existence with the establishment of Cotton College itself in 1901. Since then the department has been associated with the noble task of imparting education in its own discipline and has shown exemplary performance both in teaching and research. Prof. Paresh Nath Lahiri was the first teacher of this department who taught History besides Sanskrit. At the initial stage, only HS and B.A. (Pass) courses were offered by this department. From the session 1913, B.A. (Honours) course was introduced in this department under Calcutta University while the department attained the Post-Graduate status in 1985 under Gauhati University.