Mahendra Nath Deka Phukan Boys’ Hostel
Year of establishment : 1955
History : Mahendra Nath Deka Phukan (MNDP) Boys’ Hostel was established in the year 1955. Earlier known as the ‘Double Storied Boys’ Hostel’, or more popularly ‘D.S. Hostel’, this is the first RCC double storied Boys’ hostel of Cotton College and was constructed with a fund received from the Tribal Welfare Department, Govt. of Assam. In the year 1987, this hostel was renamed as ‘Mahendra Nath Deka Phukan Boys’ Hostel’, in memory of Late Mahendra Nath Deka Phukan (1903 – 1974), a famous artist and a nationalist social worker of Assam, whose creation included the emblem of Cotton College. The hostel celebrated its Golden Jubilee on 27th & 28th August, 2005 with colourful programmes. Many distinguished personalities in different fields of life from Assam in particular and NE India in general were once boarders of MNDP hostel.Seat Capacity : 110 (in 28 rooms)
Facilities : The hostel has a ground to play various outdoor games. Facilities for indoor games like table tennis, chess, carom etc. are also available. Several English and Assamese daily newspapers are regularly subscribed in the hostel.
Present Hostel Superintendent : Dr. Maheswar Kalita
Successive Hostel Superintendents :
Activities : NBD Hostel annually organizes ‘Nurul Islam Memorial Inter-Cotton Hostel and Department Poem Recitation Competition’. Every year, Saraswati Puja is performed with pomp and grandeur in this hostel. Hostel picnic is also an annual activity, which is arranged during the winter in each and every year. The boarders of NBD Girls’ Hostel bring out annually their wall magazine named ‘Shashwat’and hostel magazine named ‘NBDian’.