A Central Instrumentation Centre (CIC) has been established in Cotton College in 2010. As a beginning, CIC has acquired an Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (Model : AA 240, Make : Varian VB, the Netherlands) using a part of the grant provided by the UGC under the scheme ‘Rejuvenation of Basic Scientific Research in Indian Universities/PG Colleges’. It will be used by the departments of Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Physics and Zoology for various experimental works. In near future, CIC plans to procure
(1) Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM),
(2) Vacuum Evaporation Unit (Coating) with accessories,
(5) Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS),
(6) Total Station,
(7) 42 inch Coloured Scanner,
(8) Astronomical Telescope (Compound Telescope),
(9) High Speed Refrigerated Centrifuge
(10) Automatic Weather stations,
(11) UV-VIS-NIR Spectrophotometer,
(12) Fluorescent Spectrophotometer,
(15) Fiber optics tool kit,
(16) Ultra Probe Sonicator etc.
Moreover, UGC has provided a grant to the College for Maintenance of this Centre under the scheme ‘Instrumentation Maintenance Facility (IMF)’.