Cotton College has taken up the responsibility of conducting Open University courses under Open and Distance Learning System from the session 2008-09. The Study Center of Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, Guwahati has been started from the month of February, 2008 with Bachelors’ Preparatory Course (BPP). A Study Center for Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) sponsored schemes on “Convergence of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and Conventional Systems” has also been instituted with the following courses, implemented from July, 2008.
The courses selected in Cotton College Center are -
(1) Master of Arts (Tourism Management),
(2) Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production,
(3) Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management,
(4) Diploma in Creative Writing in English,
(5) Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development, and
(6) Diploma in Tourism Studies.
From the academic session beginning in July, 2010, two new courses viz. (1) Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and (2) Master of Social Work (MSW) will be introduced in this Centre.
KKHSOU Study Centre:
1) Dr. Ratul Chandra Rajkhowa
2) Dr. Dhani Ram Boro
3) Parameswar Kumar
IGNOU Study Centre:
Dr. Ratul Chandra Rajkhowa
KKHSOU/ IGNOU (Cotton College Study Centre)